Ask The King of Guilford: Where do fairy tales come from?


        Tammy Melon starring in the way off-Broadway production “Old Mother Hubbard” displays the logistical                                        problems of even sitting up to get to the cupboard to get her poor dog a bone.

Ask The King of Guilford

Where Do Fairy Tales Come From?
    Most fairy tales or rhymes were and are reflections of current society during the time they were written. Humpty Dumpty was about a King.  Ring Around The Rosy was about the Black Death. Jack and Jill also made a political statement. That’s where most of them originate.
    So being a smart guy King, I decided to write a very short fairy tale that could also double as a high school primer, based on our current cultural standards and reading level for the majority of students. The first fairy tale of my book is below.

The King's Modern Fairy Tale High School Primer

I hope you are fine.
I can see my house.
My house sucks.
It only has one x-box.
I see Jane and Dick.
I see Spot the dog.
See Jane run.
See Dick run.
See Spot run.
See Spot lick himself.
"Wish I could do that," Dick says.
"Spot might bite you,” Jane says.
"I mean to myself," Dick says. "I will try now."
See Dick lick himself.
See Jane get sick.
See Mary hire Dick to lick himself at her all female wedding shower.
See the police.
They take Dick, Mary, and her friends home with them.
Mary will not get married to Bob now.
Bob is going to marry Dick.
Mary will marry Jane.
There are no more different sex marriages.
Spot will still lick himself and change lives.
I will take Spot and move to Japan.
Japan is close to Utah.


                                          Spot the Dog needed gentle coaxing to move to Japan.


Send a comment or a question to the King of Guilford: 
ysgazelle@gmail.com

or add a comment below.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torture In Guilford: Humane And Healthy Way

German Author In Guilford

Zoo To Release Animals In Mount Airy Forest